Critical Java Security Update Â
Jan. 14, 2013
You may have seen Java in the news recently in relation to Java security concerns. Late last Thursday, January 10th, a significant security flaw in Java was reported. Oracle released a patch to fix the problem on Sunday, January 13. The patched version is Java 7 Version 11. We want to urge all our customers to upgrade to that version immediately. Not doing so will leave your computer vulnerable to attack.
Here is the link to download the patched version of Java.
Please follow these steps to Upgrade toÂ Java 7 Version 11:
- Click on the above link
- Under the Free Java Download button there is a link that says, Do I Have Java. Click on it.
- The next screen has a large button that says, Verify Java Version. Click on it. This will determine if you have the most recent version of Java or need to download the new version.
- Follow the instructions to download the new version, if necessary.
- Remove any old versions of Java from your system.
If you are on the Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system, you will also need to makeÂ a modification to the Windows Firewall that will allow the ROES ordering application to upload orders.
WindowsÂ Users, Please Follow These Steps:
- Click on theÂ Start MenuÂ button in the lower left
- In the Search box at the bottom, typeÂ command, but DO NOT press enter
- In the list that appears, Right Click onÂ Command PromptÂ (it should be the top entry)
- In the menu that appears,Â Click on Run as AdministratorÂ (it should be the third entry)
- If a security dialog appears click onÂ YesÂ to allow.
- Type (or copy and paste) the following into the Command Prompt window (it is case sensitive):
netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFTP disable Â
Now hit enter.
- If the messageÂ OKÂ appears, the process was successful.
Mac Users running OSX 10.7 and above:Â
Starting with 10.7 Apple no longer provides and maintains Java as part of the Mac OS. Therefore Mac users should download and install the Java 7 v11 update from the Java.com site listed above.
- Download Java for Macs from Java.com
- Run the Java 7 installer by opening it and double clicking the installer.
- Trash any ROES desktop icons or files named Launch.jnlp.Â
- Reinstall the ROES software from this link:
- orders.meridianpro.comÂ A file will download to your computer named launch.jnlp.Â Double-click on it to launch the ROES program.Â Â
If you have further questions, please call MeridianPro customer service.
Phone toll free:Â 800-544-1370
Mondayâ€”Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.