The Latest Tips for Running ROES on Macs
Download the MeridianPro ROES app install for MacInstall instructions for OSX 10.7 and higher › This link will download a file named: launch.dmg Important: When installing, you may have to hold the Control-Key when clicking the installer for the Mac OS to allow installation of software downloaded from the internet.
Macintosh minimum hardware requirements:
- OSX 10.7 or higher operating system.
- Intel Processor
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 5 GB of free hard drive space.
- High speed internet connection required for uploading digital files to Meridian, or a DVD burner to write your orders and images to disk then ship it to the lab.
Please note: Although Apple has not officially dropped support of OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, it seems inevitable. So, in following the policies of many other companies, we have made the difficult decision to no longer support ROES running on any Mac systems older than OSX 10.7. The ROES software installs and runs a completely different version on OSX 10.7 and above, in fact installing Java is no longer necessary which is a welcome improvement. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes customers running older Mac hardware.
If the ROES ordering software ran in the past on your Mac, but it suddenly gives an error or freezes when launching . . .
Deleting these folders (or the contents of these folders) may help ROES launch and run:
Because this is an invisible folder on the Mac, it can be accessed through the Finder, Go menu.
1) Finder > Go > Go to folder (or command-shift-G)
2) Then enter: ~/.ROESEngineCache (the first character listed here is the tilde, found in the upper left of the keyboard just below the escape key).
Best practice is to actually copy-and-paste the type you see here in red, to insure accuracy. Be careful to make sure you do not get an extra "space" before or after, only select the red type.
3) Select all items in the folder, drag them to the trash, then empty the trash.
4) Repeat steps 1, 2, 3 above to delete the contents of: ~/.Meridian3
5) Repeat steps 1, 2, 3 above to delete the contents of: ~/.roescache