Quick Start Guide
Your First Order Using ROES.
Follow the instructions below, or watch our Quick Start Training Video
The Home Screen
1. You will have to enter your account number.
If you are not a MeridianPro customer yet, go to: New Customer Sign Up
If you need to retrieve your account number, go to: Exisiting Customer Look Up
2. The Quick Navigator at the left edge of the Home page is the easiest way to find products in ROES. Clicking on an item takes you directly to it in ROES.
Connect to a Folder of Images and Order a Print.
1. Click on the Add Image Folder to link to a folder of JPG images. Your images will then load up in the thumbnails panel. You may open more than one folder. A gray bar will separate each folder. Each folder can be toggled open or closed using the small triangle in the gray separator bar.
2. Select a Print Size (or other product) by clicking on it in the Sizes Palette.
3. Drag the image from the Image thumbnails panel, into the Layout Area.
4. Choose from the list of available options to add options to this print or product.
5. Click the Add to Order button to add this print to your cart.
6. Continue ordering other prints or return to the Home page to use the Quick Navigator to find other products.
The Image Editing Tools
Click on the image to reveal the Image Editing Tools.
1. Lock Image is only necessary when working on complex multi-image products.
2. Crop or Fit lets you fill the print with the image or reduce the image to fit the entire image in the print. The default is Crop; you will almost always want to Crop the image.
When Fit is selected, the entire image will reduced to fit into the print box, but it is important to understand, this is "What You See Is What You Get." If you see white stripes on each side, or top and bottom, of the image in the Layout Area, this is exactly how your print will be printed.
3. Enlarge the image in the print box. This adjusts the cropping of the image. Enlarge with the slider, then use go into the image with your cursor, the pointer will change to a hand, and you will be able to click and drag to position the image in the print box.
4. Rotate the image. Click on the arrows to rotate 90° clockwise or counter clockwise. click the small triangle to open another level of this tool and rotate in smaller increments.
5. Across the bottom of the edit toolbar are additional tools or buttons used when creating custom designs: Layer Up, Layer Down, Border, Fill, Opacity, Shadows, Tints.
Important Note: The Tints button is now the method used to set Black-and-White or Sepia for an image. in the previous version of ROES, this was set in the options palette.
View Shopping Cart, Save, Complete Order
1. View Cart at any time to see the products that have been added to your cart.
2. See the Total Price at the bottom of the shopping cart window.
3. Continue Shopping returns to you the ordering interface in the product category you were working on previously.
4. Complete and Send Order begins the process of finalizing the order. You will enter your shipping and payment info.
5. Save for Later places the order in a hidden folder ROES uses. It can be recalled and finalized at a later date. Click the Save for Later button, enter a name for the order and then hit Enter on your keyboard. You will see it flash saved.
6. To access saved orders, click the Orders button at the top right.
Please note: If an order is to be recalled and sent at a later date, it is important that images in the order remain in the same location. ROES does not move images, but simply links to them in their current location on your hard drive. The exact path back to those images must be the same.
The Layout Tools
1. The Image Tool (or Hand Tool) is the default tool, normally selected when the program starts. It will be the tool used most often. With the hand (or image tool) selected, when you move the cursor over an image in the layout window, you see the hand icon and can click-and-drag to reposition the image in the Layout Area.
2. The edit tool will allow you to move, rotate, and resize an image or text node, if editing is allowed. On photographic prints, the main image node is not editable. If you add an image or text node, it can be edited with this tool. Other products may or may not allow you to edit the existing nodes depending on varying product options.
3. The Draw Tool is used to add image nodes to contain images or be filled with color. Not all prints or products allow you to add image nodes.
4. The Draw Text Tool allows you to add add a type node to your print or product. Not all products allow you to add text nodes.
5. Turn the Layout Grid on to aid in designing custom products. The grid shows in the layout area, but will not print.
6. The Montage Tool is a very easy way to add multiple image nodes in a precise pattern of rows and columns.
[/vc_tab] [vc_tab tab_title="Workspace"]
How to Rearrange the ROES Workspace
1. If your computer display is large enough, (we recommend a minimum of 900 pixels tall) you have the option to place the Images panel over to the right. Click the Move panel button. If this button is not visible, you may have to increase the height of the image thumbnails panel to see it.
The sizes of panels can be adjusted by positioning the cursor right at the dividing line between panels, when you're in the right position, the pointer will change to a double headed arrow. Click and drag to resize the panel.
2. In this screen, the images panel has been moved to the right, and the options panel moves down below the Sizes palette.
3. Special ordering options can be accessed by opening the panel just below the layout window. These options all effect the way the ordering interface acts as each product is ordered, holding options from one product to the next, or holding the crop as it was set, and so on.
4. Favorites is a special category where you can save products you order often. Options you set will be included in the favorite. Choose a product or print size; select the options you want included as your favorite; then click the Add Favorite button; enter a name and hit enter on your keyboard.
5. The packages button (Show Packages and Clusters) allows you to combine print sizes or products into a package. Then you have the choice to make one image fill each of the products in the package, or make one image span across different print sizes.
In other words, with the Packages button on, you could drag various print sizes out to the layout area, then move them around with the move tool. Packages use dynamic cropping. When you zoom in on one image, all the other products will change dyanacically to show the new cropping. As a typical example, you could make a custom package of 4 wallets, two 4x6s, one 5x7, one 8x10, and a keychain. Then, when you drag one image in, it populates all the print sizes at once. This is a more efficient way to order packages of products you repeat often.
Important note: Before you click Add to Order, if you want to save your package to use again, it is important to click the Add to Favorites button, name the package, and hit enter.
The same Show Packages mode works to build your own clusters or wall collages. You can unlock the multiple print sizes so different images can be pulled in to different print sizes. Also, you can use the option Span Image to make one image span across multiple prints.
Designing and Ordering Books and Albums
From upper left:
1. Show the Available Templates – when this button is clicked the film strip at the top of the interface shows the page templates that are available for use on the pages displayed in the layout window. These can be single page templates or panoramic templates that span both pages. To use a template click on it and drag it to the page where you want it.
2. Book View – this button change the film strip at the top of the interface to show the book. You see the cover and the pages you have created. In this view you can drag and drop pages to change their location in the book.
3. Reset the current page template. Use this button if you have made edits to a page template and want to discard them. This resets the template back to its original form.
4. Remove the currently displayed pages.
5. Add a New Leaf (two pages) before the currently displayed set of pages.
6. Flip Back One Set of Pages.
7. The numbers of the pages currently displayed in the layout window.
8. Flip Forward One Set of Pages.
9. Add a New Leaf (two pages) after the currently displayed set of pages.
10. Reset the Book – this will remove all images from a book or remove both the images and all the page templates. By default a book retains its images and templates after it is ordered. If you want to create more than one book, you will need to use this button to remove the images and/or templates from your first book so you can begin creating the second book.
• General Notes: If you decide you don’t like a page template, just drag another template into that page and the new template will replace the old template.
Learn how to use the new ROES
In this screencast we go over the basics of using the new version of the ROES software to order photographic prints. For professional photographers who order a lot of prints, we also give a few tips for faster easier ordering, in the last part of the video.(9:00 mins for the basics + 5:00 for several pro tips)
More troubleshooting assistance may be found at the SoftWorksSystems client FAQ page or at our own computer specific troubleshooting pages in the main navigation under Resources.
Additionally, you may call our customer support department during regular business hours or contact us by email.
Phone toll free: 800-544-1370
Monday—Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.